Sunday, May 2, 2010

Survived my 5k

So my race finally came. My cousins and I decided to do a 5k instead of a 10k for now because it was a more reasonable goal with all of our busy schedules. Can I just say it was a BLAST! I trained for quite a bit of weeks but only on pretty much flat ground.. that is better than no training right? Anyway, the evening before I was kinda nervous. Why? I'm not sure. It's not like I was going to try and win. Our goal was just to complete it and say that we were actually able to do it. So I woke up the day of my race which was May 1 and was so excited! I headed up to Wellsville(logan area) early so I wouldn't be stressing. It was FREEZING! and I was running in shorts. Luckily I had bought a runners shirt to wear for the cold weather runs. Anyway, I got my packet and waited for my cousins. We decided to all get shirts just to help support the cause of the race a little more. It was for Helping prevent Child Abuse so why not :) Finally everyone got there and we decided to warm up. I had bought some energy jellybeans to help me. Ya, I know, I'm acting like a pro runner and it was my first race. So I ate half of them while warming up even though I was already so excited!
Sarah and I waiting for Alisha and Millie

Before the race with the Aggie Mascot

Our warm-up

Almost done! 2 thumbs up!

FINISHED!!!! What an accomplishment
All of us DONE! We couldn't be more proud to have done this all together and especially for an awesome cause. Hopefully with our little donation it will help prevent some child abuse.

On our way to Alisha's house

I'm so thankful for my cousins and for the opportunity to have done this all together. It has made us grow closer and I love you all more for this! Good job Ladies!

No comments: